- Type of Blood Cancer Disease ;
There are three types of blood cancers: Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma. Leukemia and myeloma ussually start in the bone marrow. But lymphoma mostly starts in the lymphatic system. Within this type of blood cancer, lymphomas are more common than leukemias.
- Leukaemia is the cancer of the blood or bone marrow and is characterized by an abnormal reproduction of blood cells (usually white blood cells) which cannot fight off infection like normal white blood cells.
- Lymphoma originates in the lymphatic system which is part of the immune system. The lymphoma cells multiply and become a mass that forms in parts of the lymphatic system.
- Myeloma develops in plasma cells and bone marrow. Additionally, myelomas generate a substance that weakens bones, and produce abnormal proteins that can cause symptoms in other parts of the body.
Bellow are specification type of blood cancer disease :
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
- Agnogenic Myeloid Metaplasia (AMM)
- Essential Thrombocythemia (ET)
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Sign and Symptom of Blood Cancer Disease ;
Blood cancer Leukemia has signs and symptoms vary depending on the type of leukemia. In the case of blood cancer the bone marrow is damaged, which results into lack of blood platelets.
Symptoms of blood cancer Leukemia can include fever, chills, fatigue, frequent infections, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss, bleeding or bruising easily, bone pain or tenderness, and excessive sweating especially at night.
Symptom of blood cancer lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and non-Hondgkin’s) are the same in both types, and include swollen lymph nodes in the neck, groin and/or armpit; fever; chills; fatigue and weight loss. Blood cancer Myeloma signs and symptoms include bone pain, fractures, anemia and recurrent infections.
- Causes of Blood Cancer Disease ;
Blood cancer disease untill now the causes are still unknown. But there are some risk factors may increasing develop of blood cancer such as :
- Advanced age
- Certain types of infections
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- Family history of blood cancer
- Exposure to radiation or certain types of chemotherapy
- Personal history of certain blood disorders
- Personal history of certain genetic disorders
- Compromised immune system due to such conditions as HIV/AIDS, taking corticosteroids, or organ transplant.
- Treatment of Blood Cancer Disease ;
- Treatment of Blood cancer leukemia include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, biological therapy, targeted therapy and stem cell transplantation.
- Treatment of blood cancer Lymphoma includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and stem cell or bone marrow transplantation.
- Treatment for myeloma includes chemotherapy, drug therapy, radiation therapy and stem cell transplantation.
The course of treatment depends on the type of blood cancer and the patient's current state of health. Other therapies may perform by medical team including ; Anti-nausea, Antibiotics, Blood transfusions, Dietary counseling, Pain killer medications, Surgery to remove an enlarged spleen or to treat bone fractures and Vaccinations to prevent diseases like the flu and pneumonia.
Disease and Treatment @ 12:17 AM,